LABOR AGREEMENT - LABORERS' LOCAL 483 - WASTEWATER OPERATORS - LETTER OF AGREEMENT
Binding City Policy
Section 1. The Council finds:
1. The Laborers' International Union of North America Local 483 (Union) is a signatory to the Labor Agreement between the City and the District Council of Trade Unions.
2. On June 29, 1998, the City, on behalf of the Bureau of Environmental Services (Bureau), and the Union entered into a Letter of Understanding (LOU) addressing the manner in which the Wastewater Operators in the Operations and Maintenance work unit will replace other Wastewater Operators at the Bureau's Columbia Boulevard Wastewater Treatment plant for short-term absences such as vacations, extended sick leaves, etc.
3. The City, Bureau and Union have determined the need to replace the LOU with a new agreement addressing the changes that have arisen in the intervening years.
4. The Bureau of Human Resources, on behalf of the City, and the Union have signed a Letter of Agreement, Exhibit A attached, replacing the June 29, 1998 LOU.
5. Except as modified by the specific provisions of the Letter of Agreement, all other terms and conditions remain as provided in the 2010 - 2013 Labor Agreement.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
a. The City Council approves the Letter of Agreement attached to this Ordinance marked as Exhibit A.
Section 2. The Council declares that an emergency exists in order to avoid an unnecessary delay in implementing the provisions of the Letter of Agreement; therefore, this ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage by the Council
Emergency Ordinance No. 184445, passed by City Council and effective March 2, 2011.