LABOR AGREEMENT - PORTLAND FIRE FIGHTER'S ASSOCIATION - 2010-2012
Binding City Policy
Section 1. The Council finds:
1. Representatives of the City and Portland Fire Fighter's Association signed a Tentative Agreement, Exhibit A attached, that outlines the terms and conditions of employment for certain represented employees for the period of July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2012.
2. The agreement meets the City's bargaining interests by securing a two-year successor labor agreement and agreeing to wage increases, health benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
3. The agreement meets the City's bargaining interests by maintaining the July 1, 2009 – June 30, 2010 wage rates for the period of July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2011.
4. The agreement continues to apply the principles of total compensation as the basis for bargaining all monetary subjects and ties total compensation to the Consumer Price Index. General wage increases in the second and third years of the labor agreement will continue to be tied to the Portland CPI-W.
5. The terms and conditions shall be reduced to a labor agreement which the Mayor and Auditor should be authorized to execute.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
a. The Mayor and Auditor are authorized to execute a labor agreement between the City and Portland Fire Fighter's Association relating to terms and conditions of employment of certain represented employees in the Portland Fire & Rescue bargaining unit.
b. Said contract is to conform to the provisions in the Tentative Agreement attached to this Ordinance marked Exhibit A
c. This ordinance is a binding City policy.
Section 2. The Council declares that an emergency exists in order to avoid an unnecessary delay in the orderly implementation of the provisions of the labor agreement; therefore, this ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage by the Council.
Emergency Ordinance No. 184195, passed by City Council and effective October 27, 2010.