LABOR AGREEMENT - LABORERS' LOCAL 483 - RECREATION - 2010-2013
Binding City Policy
Section 1. The Council finds:
1. Representatives of the City and Laborers' Local 483 have signed a Tentative Agreement that outlines the terms and conditions of employment for certain represented employees for the period of July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2013.
2. The Agreement meets the City's bargaining interests by securing a three-year successor labor agreement and agreeing to wage increases, health benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
3. The Agreement meets the City's bargaining interests by maintaining the July 1, 2009 – June 30, 2010 wage rates for the period of July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2011.
4. The Agreement continues to apply the principles of total compensation as the basis for bargaining all monetary subjects and ties total compensation to the Consumer Price Index. General wage increases in the second and third years of the labor agreement will continue to be tied to the Portland CPI-W.
5. The terms and conditions shall be reduced to a labor agreement which the Mayor and Auditor should be authorized to execute.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
a. The Mayor and Auditor are authorized to execute a labor agreement between the City and Laborers' Local 483 relating to terms and conditions of employment of certain represented employees in the Recreation bargaining unit.
b. Said contract to conform to the provisions in the Tentative Agreement attached to this Ordinance marked Exhibit "A"
c. This ordinance is a binding City policy.
Link to Exhibit A - Tentative Agreement (PDF Document, 824 kb)
Ordinance No. 183994, passed by City Council July 14, 2010 and effective August 13, 2010.