LABOR AGREEMENT - LIUNA LOCAL 483 - SEASONAL MAINTENANCE WORKERS - 2007-2011
Binding City Policy
Section 1. The Council finds:
1. Representatives of the City and Laborers' Local 483 have signed a Tentative Agreement that outlines the terms and conditions of employment for certain represented employees for the period of July 1, 2007 through June 30, 2011.
2. The agreement meets the City's bargaining interests by securing a four-year successor labor Agreement and agreeing to wage increases, health benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
3. The agreement meets the City's bargaining interests by crafting a medical benefits plan for this bargaining unit with a formula for employee involvement in the cost of health benefits.
4. General wage increases will continue to be tied to the Portland CPI-W.
5. The terms and conditions shall be reduced to a labor agreement which the Mayor and Auditor should be authorized to execute.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
a. The Mayor and Auditor are authorized to execute a labor agreement between the City and the Laborers' Local 483 relating to terms and conditions of employment of certain represented employees in the Seasonal Maintenance Worker bargaining unit.
b. Said contract to conform to the provisions in the Tentative Agreement attached to this Ordinance marked Exhibit "A" which by this reference is made a part hereof.
c. This ordinance is a binding City policy.
Section 2. The Council declares that an emergency exists because delay would unnecessarily delay the orderly implementation of the provisions of the labor agreement; therefore, this ordinance shall be in force and effect from after its passage by the Council.
Emergency Ordinance No. 181522, passed by City Council and effective January 9, 2008.