The Council finds:
1. Representatives of the City and the DCTU have signed a Tentative Agreement that outlines the terms and conditions of employment for certain represented employees for the period of July 1, 2004 through June 30, 2006.
2. The agreement meets the City’s bargaining interests by extending the contract and agreeing to wage increases and health benefits consistent with settlements on such matter already provided to other bargaining units.
3. The agreement meets the City’s bargaining interests by making improvements in the administration of the health benefits.
4. The agreement continues to apply the principles of total compensation as the basis for bargaining all monetary subjects and ties total compensation to the Consumer Price Index. General wage increases will continue to be tied to the Portland CPI-W. Health care contributions will be based on the Medical Care component of the Portland CPI-W.
5. In addition the general wage increases, special adjustments are provided for employees in the classifications of Assistant Claims Technician and Claims Technician.
6. In addition, the agreement makes changes in the areas of overtime equalization, Funeral Leave, Union Leave, the Grievance Procedure, Clothing Allowance, and Tool Allowance.
7. The terms and conditions shall be reduced to a labor agreement which the Mayor and Auditor should be authorized to execute.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
a. The Mayor and Auditor are authorized to execute a labor agreement between the City and the DCTU relating to terms and conditions of employment of certain represented employees in the DCTU bargaining unit.
b. Said contract to conform to the provisions in the Tentative Agreement attached to this Ordinance marked Exhibit "A" which by this reference is made a part hereof.
c. This ordinance is a binding City policy.
Ordinance No. 178102, passed by City Council and effective December 17, 2003.