FY 2018-19 SPRING SUPPLEMENTAL BUDGET
Binding City Policy
Section 1. The Council finds:
1. Exhibit 1, attached, includes all incremental changes to the City appropriation schedule as a result of the Spring Supplemental Budget Process.
2. A memorandum, attached as Exhibit 2, identifies programs, projects, or activities that require appropriation adjustment or transfer of appropriation within bureau and fund budgets.
3. Exhibit 3, attached, shows, for informational purposes, a reconciliation of changes to all funds.
4. Exhibit 4, attached, shows, for informational purposes, all requests materially affecting the General Fund.
5. Exhibit 5, attached, shows all position changes.
6. Exhibit 6, attached, provides the statement of purpose for the creation of the Affordable Housing Development Fund to track the transactions related to the funding of affordable housing projects, primarily from proceeds from General Obligation Bonds approved under measure 26-179 and resources provided by other governmental entities.
NOW THEREFORE, the Council directs:
a. The FY 2018-19 Appropriation Schedule is hereby amended by adjusting appropriations for certain expenditures in various funds as indicated by the increases and decreases presented in Exhibit 1; explanation of these changes is provided in the memorandum attached as Exhibit 2.
b. The number of authorized positions in the FY 2018-19 Revised Budget is hereby amended as presented in Exhibit 5.
c. The actions amending the FY 2018-19 Revised Budget contained in this ordinance are binding City policy.
d. City Code Chapter 5.04 is amended by adding a new section as follows:
5.04.570 Affordable Housing Development Fund
The Affordable Housing Development Fund is hereby created to track the transactions related to the funding of affordable housing projects, primarily from proceeds from General Obligation Bonds approved under measure 26-179 and resources provided by other governmental entities.
e. The fund statement of purpose included in Exhibit 6 for the Affordable Housing Development Fund is hereby adopted. The action to adopt the fund statement of purpose contained in this ordinance is binding City policy.
Section 2. The Council declares that an emergency exists in order that FY 2018-19 Spring budget adjustments are implemented without delay; therefore, this ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage by Council.
Link to Exhibits 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6(PDF Document 640 kb)
Emergency Ordinance No. 189487, passed by City Council and effective May 8, 2019.