FY 2017-18 SPRING SUPPLEMENTAL BUDGET
Binding City Policy
Section 1. The Council finds:
1. Exhibit 1, attached, includes all incremental changes to the City appropriation schedule as a result of the Spring Supplemental Budget Process.
2. A memorandum, attached as Exhibit 2, identifies programs, projects, or activities that require appropriation adjustment or transfer of appropriation within bureau and fund budgets.
3. Exhibit 3, attached, shows, for informational purposes, a reconciliation of changes to all funds.
4. Exhibit 4, attached, shows, for informational purposes, all requests materially affecting the General Fund.
5. Exhibit 5, attached, shows all position changes.
6. The Spectator Venues and Visitor Activities Fund (SVVAF) is a self-sustaining enterprise fund established to provide oversight of City-owned spectator and performing arts facilities and to support City travel, tourism and visitor development efforts. Under management by the Office of Management and Finance, the Fund budgets, monitors, and accounts for resources and requirements for program activities and administration, direct expenses at specified City-owned facilities, and debt service payments on certain obligations.
7. The City of Portland, through the Amended Agreement Regarding Consolidation of Regional Convention, Trade, Spectator And Performing Arts Facilities Owned And Operated By The City Of Portland And Metro (Ordinance 186263) is obligated to an annual contribution to the operating costs of the Portland’5. The SVVAF Fund Statement does not authorize payments for capital improvements; however, the SVVAF has sufficient excess capacity in Fiscal Year 2018-2019 to pay up to $500,000 to Portland’5 to assist with the cost of the installation of an electronic acoustical system for the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, and it is in the City’s interest to support and assist the Portland’5 with the cost of capital improvements that help assure the continued success of the venues.
NOW THEREFORE, the Council directs:
a. The FY 2017-18 Appropriation Schedule is hereby amended by adjusting appropriations for certain expenditures in various funds as indicated by the increases and decreases presented in Exhibit 1; explanation of these changes is provided in the memorandum attached as Exhibit 2.
b. The number of authorized positions in the FY 2017-18 Revised Budget is hereby amended as presented in Exhibit 5.
c. The actions amending the FY 2017-18 Revised Budget contained in this ordinance are binding City policy.
d. The Spectator Venues and Visitor Activities Fund is authorized to make a one-time payment in FY 2018-19 to Metro for the Portland’5 Centers for the Arts acoustical shell replacement project at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall.
Section 2. The Council declares that an emergency exists in order that FY 2017-18 Spring budget adjustments are implemented without delay; therefore, this ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage by Council.
Link to Exhibits 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 (PDF Document, 1 MB)
Emergency Ordinance No. 188923, passed by City Council and effective May 2, 2018.