FY 2015-16 FALL SUPPLEMENTAL BUDGET
Binding City Policy
Section 1. The Council finds:
1. Exhibit 1, attached, includes all incremental changes to the City appropriation schedule as a result of the Fall Supplemental Budget Process.
2. A memorandum, attached as Exhibit 2, identifies programs, projects, or activities that require appropriation adjustment or transfer of appropriation within bureau and fund budgets.
3. Exhibit 3, attached, shows, for informational purposes, a reconciliation of changes to all funds.
4. Exhibit 4, attached, shows, for informational purposes, all requests materially affecting the General Fund.
5. Exhibit 5, attached, shows all position changes.
6. From time to time, City Council directs the City Economist to adjust the Current Appropriation Level (CAL) of bureaus budgeted in the General Fund. Exhibit 6, attached, shows CAL adjustments to address the Housing State of Emergency, a FY 2015-16 Budget Note, and increased costs to General Fund bureaus for Fair Wage Policy implementation.
NOW THEREFORE, the Council directs:
a. The FY 2015-16 Appropriation Schedule is hereby amended by adjusting appropriations for certain expenditures in various funds as indicated by the increases and decreases presented in Exhibit 1; explanation of these changes is provided in the memorandum attached as Exhibit 2.
b. The number of authorized positions in the FY 2015-16 Revised Budget is hereby amended as presented in Exhibit 5.
c. The actions amending the FY 2015-16 Revised Budget contained in this ordinance are binding City policy.
d. The City Budget Office to set aside $900,000 of General Fund unrestricted contingency and $700,000 from General Fund compensation set aside to fund FY 2015-16 personnel cost increases associated with the Portland Parks and Recreation arbitration agreement.
e. The City Budget Office to adjust FY 2016-17 Current Appropriation Level targets for various bureaus as detailed in Exhibit 6. The City Budget Office is authorized to adjust targets for the Fair Wage Policy implementation if the existing allocation materially changes. The Portland Housing Bureau’s $10 million target adjustment to address the Housing State of Emergency shall be allocated as $5 million of one-time General Fund discretionary and $5 million of ongoing General Fund discretionary.
Section 2. The Council declares that an emergency exists in order that FY 2015-16 Fall budget adjustments are implemented without delay; therefore, this ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage by Council.
Link to Exhibits 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 (PDF Document, 12.8 MB)
Emergency Ordinance No. 187442, passed by City Council and effective November 12, 2015.