FY 2014-15 FALL SUPPLEMENTAL BUDGET
Binding City Policy
Section 1. The Council finds:
1. Exhibit 1, attached, includes all incremental changes to the City appropriation schedule as a result of the Fall Supplemental Budget Process.
2. A memorandum, attached as Exhibit 2, identifies programs, projects, or activities that require appropriation adjustment or transfer of appropriation within bureau and fund budgets.
3. Exhibit 3, attached, shows, for informational purposes, a reconciliation of changes to all funds.
4. Exhibit 4, attached, shows, for informational purposes, all requests materially affecting the General Fund.
5. Exhibit 5, attached, shows all position changes.
6. From time to time, City Council directs the City Economist to adjust the Current Appropriation Level (CAL) of bureaus budgeted in the General Fund. Exhibit 6, attached, shows CAL adjustments to address increased costs to General Fund bureaus for internal services.
7. Changes in this ordinance include the repayment of debt that will result in ongoing savings in the General Fund. This savings will be used to address deficiencies in fuel station infrastructure, an urgent and critical need.
NOW THEREFORE, the Council directs:
a. The FY 2014-15 Appropriation Schedule is hereby amended by adjusting appropriations for certain expenditures in various funds as indicated by the increases and decreases presented in Exhibit 1; explanation of these changes is provided in the memorandum attached as Exhibit 2.
b. The number of authorized positions in the FY 2014-15 Revised Budget is hereby amended as presented in Exhibit 5.
c. The actions amending the FY 2014-15 Revised Budget contained in this ordinance are binding City policy.
d. Office of Management & Finance - Bureau of Internal Business Services (OMF-BIBS) to debt finance the replacement of five fuel stations, the addition of one fuel station in East Portland, and the addition of the fuel station at the Sears Facility. The debt would be issued in FY 2015-16. OMF-BIBS will recover the cost of debt service through annual billings to fuel customers. General Fund bureaus will receive a CAL target adjustment for the General Fund share of the debt service, likely starting in FY 2015-16.
e. For the Fiscal Year 2015-16, the Public Safety Systems Revitalization Program Current Appropriations Level target shall be reduced by $332,326. The FY 2016-17 CAL target will be re-evaluated as projects are completed.
f. The City Budget Office to adjust bureaus’ Current Appropriation Level targets in FY 2015-16 by $1,165,647 as detailed in Exhibit 6 in order to mitigate the impacts of the changes in the Enterprise Business Solutions cost allocation model. Furthermore, CBO will adjust targets for FY 2016-17 if the allocation materially changes.
Section 2. The Council declares that an emergency exists in order that FY 2014-15 Fall budget adjustments are implemented without delay; therefore, this ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage by Council.
Link to Exhibits 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 (PDF Document, 1 MB)
Emergency Ordinance No. 186888, passed by City Council and effective November 12, 2014.