FY 2012-13 FALL SUPPLEMENTAL BUDGET
Binding City Policy
Section 1. The Council finds:
1. The City Council receives a memorandum (“BMP Memo”) from the Financial Planning Division (FPD) of the Office of Management and Finance (OMF) summarizing the budget adjustments to be made during the Fall Supplemental Budget Process. The memorandum, attached as Exhibit 4, identifies programs, projects, or activities that require appropriation adjustment or transfer of appropriation within bureau budgets.
2. Exhibit 1, attached, includes all incremental changes to the City appropriation schedule as a result of the Fall Budget Monitoring Process.
3. Exhibit 2, attached, shows, for informational purposes, a reconciliation of changes to all funds.
4. Exhibit 3, attached, shows, for informational purposes, all requests materially affecting the General Fund.
5. Exhibit 5, attached, shows all position changes.
6. From time to time, City Council directs Financial Planning to alter the General Fund Overhead Model. Two items have been identified for inclusion: the Minority Evaluator position in the Procurement Services division of OMF and portions of the Office of Equity and Human Rights that provide a general, Citywide benefit.
NOW THEREFORE, the Council directs:
a. The FY 2012-13 Appropriation Schedule is hereby amended by adjusting appropriations for certain expenditures in various funds as indicated by the increases and decreases presented in Exhibit 1.
b. The number of authorized positions in the FY 2012-13 Adopted Budget is hereby amended as presented in Exhibit 5.
c. The actions amending the FY 2012-13 budget contained in this ordinance are binding City policy.
d. The Financial Planning Division is directed to include certain services provided by the Office of Equity and Human Rights and the Minority Evaluator position in the Office of Management and Finance in General Fund Overhead model for FY 2013-14 budget development.
Section 2. The Council declares that an emergency exists in order that FY 2012-13 Fall budget adjustments are implemented without delay; therefore, this ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage by Council.
Link to Exhibits 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 (PDF Document, 3 MB)
Emergency Ordinance No. 185715, passed by City Council and effective November 7, 2012.