FY 2010-11 FALL SUPPLEMENTAL BUDGET
Binding City Policy
Section 1. The Council finds:
1. The City Council has received a memorandum from the Financial Planning Division of OMF (FPD) summarizing the recommendations and consequent budget adjustments to be made during the FY 2010-11 Fall Supplemental Budget Process.
2. The memorandum identified programs, projects, or activities that required appropriation adjustment or transfer of appropriation within bureau budgets.
3. The memorandum also identified several costs known in future years that should be added to base budgets for General Fund bureaus in the form of Current Appropriation Level adjustments.
4. Exhibit 1, attached, includes all incremental changes to the City appropriation schedule as a result of the Fall Supplemental Budget Process.
5. Exhibit 2, attached, shows, for informational purposes, a reconciliation of changes to all funds.
6. Exhibit 3, attached, shows, for informational purposes, all requests materially affecting the General Fund.
NOW THEREFORE, the Council directs:
a. The FY 2010-11 Appropriation Schedule is hereby amended by adjusting appropriations for certain expenditures in various funds as indicated by the increases and decreases presented in Exhibit 1.
b. The number of authorized positions in the FY 2010-11 Adopted Budget is hereby amended as presented in Exhibit 4.
c. FPD shall increase the FY 2011-12 ongoing discretionary target of the Revenue Bureau in the Office of Management & Finance by $592,146 to reflect seven revenue generating positions.
d. FPD shall increase the FY 2013-14 ongoing discretionary target of Portland Parks & Recreation by $198,110 to reflect the ongoing operations and maintenance costs of the Gateway Green Phase 1 project.
e. FPD shall increase the General Fund ongoing discretionary targets for all General Fund bureaus by an amount equivalent to the FY 2011-12 interagency charge for Enterprise Business Solutions Services.
f. The actions amending the FY 2010-11 budget contained in this ordinance are binding City policy.
Section 2. The Council declares that an emergency exists in order that FY 2010-11 Fall budget adjustments are implemented without delay; therefore, this ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage by Council.
Emergency Ordinance No. 184229, passed by City Council and effective November 10, 2010.