PARTICIPATE IN SHAPING THE POLICE BUREAU!
The Portland Police Bureau is looking for community members to serve on its Bureauwide Advisory Committee (BAC).
BAC members will gain an understanding about the Portland Police Bureau’s programs and services through an initial onboarding/training process given by the bureau. This understanding will be used to then actively discuss and advise the bureau’s budget decisions. This is an opportunity for you to provide input throughout the budget development process.
As a member of the BAC, you will be asked to:
- Fulfill a two-year term (with a possibility of re-application for an additional term)
- Regularly attend and participate in monthly BAC meetings September through January (approximately six meetings)
- Assist the bureau with identifying the community's priorities for the bureau
- Review the bureau's objectives and assist with prioritizing budgeted programs
- Provide feedback on proposed budget decision packages
- Provide input to the bureau’s Budget Equity Assessment Tool
- Contribute to a BAC report for submission with the bureau’s Requested Budget
Interested candidates must complete an application, which includes the following sections: General Information, Application Questions, and a Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form. Information provided in any of these sections is public information. At the end of the form, there is a voluntary and confidential section entitled Confidential Demographic Information Form. Any information provided under this section will only be disclosed as required by law. The City uses demographic information to identify larger patterns so that it may better engage and serve diverse populations.
Please consider this opportunity to provide valuable input to the PPB!