The following information is intended to facilitate the process of ensuring members receive timely notice of the need for their appearance in court. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you need any assistance. .
Subpoena for Officer Appearance *
To submit a subpoena to have an officer testify in court please observe the following steps.
- Call or email Court Coordinators to confirm the member’s employment status with PPB.
- Once employment is confirmed Court Coordinators will make arrangements with you to receive the subpoena in a timely and convenient manner for both parties.
- If your subpoena is for less than 10 days in the future, you will be required to serve the officer directly. We will be happy to provide you with their work schedules and precinct location.
- Court Coordinators only accept subpoenas for officer appearances. If you wish to request any reports, documents, photos etc. you will need contact Public Records for more information.
- Court Coordinators are unable to accept summons on behalf of any PPB members. These will need to be hand served on the member directly. We will be happy to provide you with their work schedules and precinct location.
- All civil subpoenas require a $30 witness fee made out to The City of Portland. Additional public interest and financial fee waivers will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- All subpoenas served to the Court Coordinators should be completely filled out prior to service. Make sure your subpoena includes the officer’s name and DPSST, date/time (TBD is acceptable and can be updated prior to appearance). Include up to date contact information so that Court Coordinators can reach out to you with questions, updates, and to get appearance details.
1111 SW 2nd Ave
Portland, OR 97204
To ensure smooth service please call to schedule a time to come during regular business hours.
Office Hours: 8 am to 4 pm Monday through Friday
Check in at front desk and ask for Court Coordinators
* This process is for officer appearances only. This process does not apply to Subpoena Duces Tecum. If your subpoena requires the production of documents, please see instructions related to contacting our Public Records Division.