danger
COVID-19 Risk Level for Multnomah County: Lower Risk
information
Regional chlorine shortage: Portland water remains safe to drink

A regional chlorine shortage has disrupted supplies. The Portland Water Bureau is monitoring the situation and evaluating our supplies and procedures. Get updates.

State of Oregon Opens Landlord Compensation Fund Program Application Portal

News Article
The first monthly application round for the State of Oregon's Landlord Compensation Fund has opened. Apply February 17, 2021 through 4 p.m. on March 2, 2021.
Published

Application Portal

Oregon Housing and Community Services has launched the first monthly application round for the Landlord Compensation Fund! The application portal is accessible HERE and will be open for applicants from February 17, 2021 through 4 p.m. on March 2, 2021.

Overview

Oregon's Landlord Compensation Fund (LCF) Program is designed to provide relief to residential landlords who have been unable to collect tenant rent due to tenant hardships. The Oregon Legislature has provided $150 million in one-time funds for this voluntary program to assist landlords in keeping financially stressed tenants in their homes. Landlords whose applications are selected for funding will receive 80% of unpaid rent they are owed by current qualified tenants (from April 2020 on). They will be required to forgive the remaining 20% of unpaid rent.