Contact the Helpdesk
We provide general information, technical assistance with forms, and referrals to community agencies.
Remote methods recommended for all customer service needs: phone, email, fax, or post mail.
- By phone. Please leave a message. We return calls in the order they are received, within 2-3 business days on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- E-mail is the fastest way to reach us. We respond to e-mail in the order they are received within two business days.
- Find answers online at Portland.gov/RSO. The Rental Services Office website is an excellent resource for information for renters, landlords, owners, and property managers. You can also see events and news. Sign up for email updates.
Open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
9 - 11 a.m. and 1 - 4 p.m.
Closed Tuesdays and Thursdays
View holiday closures
About the Helpdesk and our available services
It is the general policy of the Rental Services Office to respond to Helpdesk phone and e-mail inquiries in the order in which they are received.
Please note that the Rental Services Office serves approximately 140,000 rental households in Portland alone, not including suburbs and adjacent jurisdictions. The Rental Services Helpdesk has two specialists who take great professional pride in responding to inquiries from both renters and landlords/property managers within 2-3 business days.
Note that Helpline staff cannot provide legal or business advice, or legal interpretation, to either landlord or renters. Also note that the Rental Services Office is a resource for general information, not an enforcement entity, and Rental Services Office Helpdesk staff cannot intervene in landlord/tenant disputes.
What is outside the Helpdesk scope of services
Please be aware, our scope of services does not include direct social services, advocacy/representation, property or case management, or legal services for either landlords or tenants. We are not a direct provider of rental housing or of rent payment assistance.
Where to find more help:
- Contact 2-1-1
- Local rent relief for households with incomes at or below 80% area median income who have experienced financial hardship due to COVID-19. See Multnomah County Emergency Rent Assistance.
- Resources for Landlords and Tenants
Stay informed - Join the RSO email list!
Get notifications right to your inbox.
Submit a form
We recommend submitting forms online. Paper forms are also available to download.
How to file Schedule R | Rental Registration FAQ
Rental registration is processed by the Revenue Division. Please direct all general questions to Revenue. The FAQ on Rental Services' website is provided as supplementary information only.
More information on the RSO website
Translation or Interpretation
Traducción e interpretación | Chuyển Ngữ hoặc Phiên Dịch | 翻译或传译 | 翻訳または通訳 | Письменныйили устный перевод | Traducere sau Interpretare | 번역 및 통 |Письмовий або усний переклад | Turjumida ama Fasiraadda | الترجمة التحريرية والشفوي | ການແປພາສາ ຫຼື ການອະທິບາຍ