In partnership with the Oregon Law Center and Portland Community College’s Clear Clinic, the Portland Housing Bureau has launched the Eviction Legal Defense Program to provide free legal support to tenants facing eviction.
Tenants can seek these free legal services as soon as they receive a Notice of Termination and do not need to wait until an eviction case is filed.
Tenants must meet the following criteria to qualify for the Eviction Legal Defense Program:
- You must rent a unit within Portland City limits. How to verify on Portland Maps
- You must be low-income (80% Area Median Income or below)
View income limits or estimate your AMI with the AMI Calculator
- You must be facing eviction. One of the following applies to you:
- You have received a termination notice that has not yet been filed in court, or
- You have received notice about the pending loss of your housing subsidy, or
- You have an eviction court case
How to get legal help
If you meet the above qualifications, the Eviction Legal Defense Program may be able to help.
Please include in your message:
- Your name
- Date of birth
- Whether you have a:
- Termination notice, or
- Housing subsidy termination, or
- Eviction court case – If available, it is helpful to include your eviction court case number.
Help spread the word
Let your community know about the Eviction Legal Defense Program.