Find information about PHAC, meeting materials, and how to sign up to speak at a meeting. Stay informed! Join the PHAC email list.
*Current meeting materials not yet added to the archive can be found inside the event details.
PHAC is designated as the primary public forum for discussion of housing policy, strategy, and resources in the City of Portland.
The mission of PHAC is to advise the Director of the Portland Housing Bureau (PHB), the Housing Commissioner, and the Portland City Council on housing and homelessness policy, strategy, and resource issues, promote improvements within the Portland Housing Bureau and the larger housing system, highlight opportunities for influence between the City housing system and other systems, as well as provide a forum for public input on housing and homelessness issues.
PHAC is delegated to carry out the following functions:
- Housing Policy and Planning.
- Budget Review and Recommendations.
- Resource Development. Assist PHB to identify and recommend ways to increase the resources available to maintain and expand the supply and availability of affordable housing and necessary support services through new initiatives and programs.
- Program Development and Evaluation.
- Public-Private Partnerships.
- Community and Intergovernmental Relations.
Talk to the Commission
Interested in speaking at a meeting or have comments to share with PHAC? Let us know by completing this short online form.
Attend a Meeting
The public is welcome to join us at an upcoming meeting. PHAC meets the first Tuesday of every month at the Portland Housing Bureau (421 SW 6th Avenue, 5th Floor). Time and location are subject to change. Please check the meeting event for details and meeting materials.