Metro Bond Opportunity Solicitation
A solicitation for Metro Bond funds, Central Eastside Tax Increment Financing, and Joint Office of Homeless Services operational funding has been released.
Proposals are currently under review. Notice of Awards anticipated to be announced October 2021.
View past solicitation
To receive updates and additional PHB funding information, sign up here.
Portland's Local Implementation Strategy
The Portland Housing Bureau is the partner jurisdiction supporting Metro Housing Bond implementation for the City of Portland. Portland’s Local Implementation Strategy was informed by the feedback and perspectives of underrepresented communities, particularly Communities of Color, seniors, immigrants, refugees and persons living with disabilities. Engagement efforts occurred over a four-month period (March to July 2019) and reached more than 250 individuals and community member groups.
Total Project Funds Allocated to Portland: $211 Million
Total Production Goal: 1,475 units
- 30% AMI: 605 units
- Family-sized: 737 units
- Supportive Housing: 300 units
PHB’s work will be guided by the following Metro Housing Bond principles:
- Lead with racial equity. Ensure that racial equity considerations guide and are integrated throughout all aspects of program implementation.
- Create opportunity for those in need. Create housing for Communities of Color, families, people living with disabilities, seniors, Veterans, and households experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
- Create opportunity throughout the region. Ensure investments are distributed across the region.
- Ensure long-term benefits and good use of public dollars. Provide for community oversight to ensure transparency.