What is an HMIS?
Homeless Management Information Systems are used to record client information that is shared among homeless and near-homeless service providers in order to increase efficiencies and better meet client needs.
Northwest Social Service Connections (NWSSC)
PHB is home to the Northwest Social Service Connections, an administrative entity that governs HMIS for a multi-agency Continuum of Care. The NWSSC HMIS is a client information system that provides standardized assessment of a client’s needs, creates individualized service plans, and records the use of housing and services. Communities use this information to determine how services are being utilized, identify gaps in the local service continuum, and develop outcome measurements
NWSSC General Help Topics with Videos and FAQs
Watch a video or download an FAQ to learn more about these common topics. The FAQs are generally more technical and examine some of the nuances found in ServicePoint. If you have questions or need technical assistance, reach out to your local administrator or ServicePoint trainer.
For agencies and users outside of Multnomah County, also see Links to Other Oregon HMIS (lower on this page) for your local contact and resources specific to your community.
Workflow and data entry videos to help new users get started. For all users, these are great as a refresher or quick reference. Be sure to follow your agency's prescribed workflow.
- Video: Release of Information (ROI)
- Video: HUD Verifications
- Video: How to Transact Multiple Services
- Video: Interims, Annual Reviews, and Follow-ups
- Video: Household Data Sharing
What are the "Golden Rules of Visibility"? Read this technical overview, geared towards admins.
Reports communicate your agency's efforts and progress. Learn about one of the most common reports, the Annual Performance Report, also known as the APR.
- Video: How to Read the HUD CoC APR
AHFE Local Content and Contacts for Technical Assistance
A Home For Everyone • OR-501 Portland, Gresham, and Multnomah County
Technical Assistance and ServicePoint Support
ServicePoint users in Multnomah County who need technical assistance should reach out to their appropriate contact. If you have questions, best to start with your agency admin or local trainer.
Information to help clarify the trickier concepts
- Video: Housing Move-In Date (HMID)
Coordinated Access and By-Name Lists
Coordinating services across multiple providers
- Go to Coordinated Access in Multnomah County for more resources.
- Video: Data Sharing in Multnomah County
- Video: Privacy and Security Training for Multnomah County
- More video tutorials from Multnomah County
Forms, Documents, and Policies and Procedures
Notice to clients – How we use and disclose information
Agency Participation Forms
User Agreement Forms
- AHFE Community Data Standards Note: "CHO" stands for Contributory CMIS/HMIS Organization (any agency or organization using CMIS/HMIS). For definitions and a guide to common acronyms, refer to the
AHFE Data Quality Plan and Client Forms
For Service Providers in Multnomah County
- Data Sharing List of Providers All Multnomah (PDF, 72.6 KB)
Client Consent Forms
Links to Other Oregon HMIS
Information and data prepared by other Oregon service providers
- Multnomah County Joint Office of Homeless Services
- Clackamas County
- Washington County
- Lane County
- Oregon Housing and Community Services
- Central Oregon
- Jackson County
- Rural Oregon Continuum of Care