The Portland Bureau of Emergency Management (PBEM) is excited to announce the community resilience and capacity building grant in the amount of $300,000.
In 2020 and 2021, the City of Portland responded to COVID with a variety of programs intended to support communities disproportionately impacted by the pandemic emergency. These efforts demonstrated the value of working with community-based organizations to better serve Portland’s diverse communities. This grant will build on successful elements of the City’s pandemic response to support recovery and resilience-building in Portland, in continued partnership with CBOs.
The grant is focused on strengthening partnerships with community-based organizations to address the disparate impacts of disasters, and aims to:
- Increase disaster resilience in households in Portland that face disparate risks, focusing on resilience in the face of climate-change-induced and/or earthquake risks.
- Strengthen the ability of CBOs to serve their community during an emergency.
A total of $300,000 is available and will be distributed through three pathways:
- Pathway 1: sponsorship of individual programs and events not to exceed $5,000 (total funding available: $40,000).
- Pathway 2: grant award of individual programs not-to-exceed $15,000 (total funding available: $105,000).
- Pathway 3: grant award of individual programs not-to-exceed $50,000 (total funding available of $150,000).
- Pathway 1: Expected start date for expenses is July 11, 2022, and expenses report is due in six months from start date (end by December 31, 2022)
- Pathway 2 and 3: Expected start date for expenses is October 2022, and grants should last 12 months.
Submit complete application no later than July 1, 2022 to Regina Ingabire at Regina.Ingabire@portlandoregon.gov.
- Learn more about grant announcement and application materials
- Application forms:
- Sponsorship application form for Pathway 1
- Letter of interest for Pathway 2 and 3
We are looking for community members to help us evaluate the grant applications. Please complete the application form here or complete this application:
Contact Regina Ingabire at Regina.Ingabire@portlandoregon.gov.