Community Partner Bulletin
Use this form to be added to our bulletin email list. The bulletin shares meeting information, safety tips for hazards like wildfires and winter weather, as well as training opportunities and funding sources. During declared emergencies like heatwaves, the bulletin becomes an incident alert for our COAD partners.
Join us the first Tuesday of the month, 3 to 4 pm. The Portland COAD meets monthly to network, learn about disaster topics, and brainstorm creative solutions to community response. Meetings are held online via Zoom.
Meetings are open to all! Sign up for the Community Partner Bulletin to get the link.
The COAD coordinator develops projects and programs based on the work of community partners and their needs. Current projects include:
- Cleaner Air Relief Spaces (May - October)
- COAD Funding Team
- Community Cooling Equipment Loans (May - October)
- Disaster Kitchen Network
The COAD coordinator at PBEM:
- facilitates meetings and collaborative projects
- provides trainings relevant to community organizations
- connects partners to public agencies
- advocates for community organization in government spaces
- administers grants for the group
Contact Kate Szrom, COAD Coordinator at email@example.com.
What is a COAD?
COAD means Community Organizations Active in Disaster. It is a national model that brings together community organizations under four principles: Communication, Cooperation, Coordination and Collaboration. Each organization acts independently and retains full autonomy and authority in how they serve their communities.