About Willamette Moorage Park
The park is situated at the confluence of Stephens Creek and the Willamette River. The confluence provides important rearing and refuge habitat for endangered chinook and coho salmon, steelhead trout, rainbow and cutthroat trout, and Pacific and brook lamprey. Major restorations efforts on the 3.5-acre Stephens Creek Confluence Habitat Enhancement Project were completed by the Bureau of Environmental Services in December 2008.
This site has served as a moorage since the 1880s and retains houseboats today. The upland area served as the site of the Weber Tannery, built in 1894 and operating until the 1940s.