Safety is our top priority. Please visit multco.us/care-when-its-cold for information on severe weather shelters.
Classes and Activities
PP&R classes, activities, rentals, and sports events may be canceled due to inclement weather, such as ice, snow, or extreme heat. Check with your PP&R facility for the most current information via phone at 503-823-2533 or keep checking this page for updated information.
View all community and arts centers
Trail Closures and Delays
Portland is home to more than 152 miles of completed regional trails laced together, connecting people to each other and to the natural beauty of our city. All trail closures, delays, or detours on trails are posted on the Trail Closures and Delays page.
See all trail closures and delays
Report Tree Issues on City Property and Public Streets
Portland Parks & Recreation’s Urban Forestry crews are responding to hazardous situations and emergency needs citywide resulting from inclement weather in the Portland metro area.
- Call 503-823-TREE (8733) and push 1 for the fastest way to report tree emergencies.
- NOTE: If a tree emergency situation involves downed wires please contact your utility provider first. Urban Forestry is unable to respond until electrical hazards have been addressed.
- Please avoid calling for NON-emergency issues. Crews are focused on addressing issues involving major roads and thoroughfares in Portland and will work their way down into neighborhood streets and roads.
- General maintenance involving trees on private property or on adjacent rights-of-way are the responsibility of the property owner.
Watch this video with translated subtitles: Spanish | Russian | Simplified Chinese | Vietnamese
Annual Maintenance Periods and Closures (unrelated to weather)
In order to keep our community centers and other facilities in good condition, each year, Portland Parks & Recreation (PP&R) conducts annual maintenance reviews and in some cases, closes facilities for a period of time to do safety checks, deep cleans, and small updates or fixes.
PP&R is committed to providing safe and dependable facilities. Though we know planned closures (or partial closures) may cause some inconvenience, they allow us to address facility maintenance needs safely and efficiently to minimize impacts during the rest of the year.
Please be prepared for limited or no access to specific facilities during the annual maintenance periods identified below. In some circumstances, it may be necessary for PP&R to close part of or an entire facility temporarily while disruptive maintenance occur. Some examples include fumes from paint and cleaning materials, interior upgrades (electrical, mechanical, minor construction), and work requiring our pools to be drained.
If you have a membership at one of our large community centers, please inquire with the front desk about your options for visiting other centers during your center's closure. If you have additional questions regarding your center's maintenance closure, please contact the center's director.
Types of work PP&R performs during maintenance closures;
- Painting and patching
- Door inspection and repair
- High ceiling light bulb replacements
- Fire alarm testing
- Environmental and building material testing inspection (e.g. lead, radon, asbestos)
- Electrical system testing
- Deep cleaning and polishing
- Miscellaneous repairs that could not be done earlier in the year
Portland Parks & Recreation’s developing civil rights page offers information related to making programming more accessible and inclusive.