COVID-19 related information
Learn more about closures and postponements related to the COVID-19 pandemic response.
Services and Information includes:
- Request a Community Garden plot
- Renew your Community Garden plot
- Transfer your Community Garden plot
- Apply for a Community Gardens Scholarship
- Learn about Community Garden policies
- Volunteer with Community Gardens
In 1982, the Vermont Hills United Methodist Church worked with PP&R's Community Garden program to turn a vacant field located on the church's property into a thriving community garden. In 2010, with increased demand for gardening space, the asphalt parking lot between the garden and the church was removed and turned into a 7,200 square foot garden. The removal of asphalt reduced water run-off, which improved the watershed, and the water retention created nutrient-rich soil. The better growing conditions meant more produce and more opportunities to help those in need in southwest Portland.