You pick the times, you pick the locations! Spend Spring Break exploring and talking after-high-school plans as you complete tasks by visiting college campuses, answering trivia and taking group selfies.
- Adult captains:register your team of up to twelve, 9th-12th graders by Monday, March 9.
- Read the EDC Hunt guidelines & rules below.
- Scavenger tasks will be posted at 4pm on Friday, March 20.
- Complete as many or as few tasks as you and your team choose from 4pm March 20 through Noon on March 26, 2020
- Submit your official scoring sheet(s) by Noon on March 26, 2020 for credit in the competition.
- Team participation acknowledgements, and winning team prizes will be handed out at the College and Trades Fair Teen Night on March 27.
Scavenger Hunt Guidelines and Rules
- Must include 4-12 youth, in 9th-12th grade.
- Must have a minimum of 1 adult Team Captain over the age of 22 years old.
- Must designate one Instagram Page for official team use. This can be a new page for this purpose OR an existing page that the page administrator allows the team to use.
- Read all game guidelines and requirements to ensure you are committed to following game/activity policies and rules.
- Print and complete an EDC Team Registration form including the following:
- Designate Team Captain and back-up adult contact; both adults must be over 22 years old
- Create and/or designate an Instagram page for documenting team activities
- Collect each team member’s name, age, and school attending
- Complete the team demographics on page 2 of the registration form
- Ensure the Team Captain and the Co-captain sign the Agreement to responsibilities on back
- Indicate agreement or disagreement to the Photo Release at the very bottom of the form
- Return completed for via email, by USPS mail or in person. Registration forms must be in hand by March 9, 2020. Email and physical address for completed forms is listed on top of registration form.
Hunt Participation and Activity Requirements
- The “50% + 1 rule” is in place to ensure teams are completing tasks together and not splitting up to cover more ground. This means one team mate more than half the number of team members (in addition to the adult, optionally) must be present in each posted photo in order to receive credit for completing a task.
- team of 4-5 youth = 3 youth must be present
- team of 6-7 youth = 4 youth must be present
- team of 8-9 youth = 5 youth must be present
- team of 10-11 youth = 6 youth must be present
- team of 12 youth = 7 youth must be present
- Trivia Tasks
- Must include the full and correct answer to each trivia task written on the team’s official score sheet to earn points
- Answers must be legibly written on the score sheet. If the judges can not read the response, you will NOT receive credit.
- Photo Tasks
- Must be documented by posting the required photo specifically to the Instagram page designated on the registration form.
- Each photo must include “50%+1” (rule listed above) of youth. Adult welcome but not mandatory;
- Date & time of IG post must be listed correctly on the team’s official score sheet;
- Posts must include #PdxParks, #EDCFindYourPath, #TeenForce, #<school where photo was taken>; additional hashtags representing sponsoring organizations welcome but not required for full credit.
- All photos must also tag the @pdxparks_teens account in each EDC Find Your Future post