Independent player spring volleyball practice schedule:
Practice is held on Tuesdays beginning April 4th at Beverly Cleary School - Fernwood Campus which is located at 1915 NE 33rd Ave, Portland, OR 97212.
- Enter through the gym doors on the northeast side of the building that face NE 33rd Avenue.
- If you have knee pads great, if not, I sell kneepads at practice for $15.00
- Players do not need to bring a volleyball, we will supply balls for practice and games.
Grades 3, 4, 5 & 6 practice from 6:15 - 7:25 PM.
Grades 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 & 12 practice from 7:30 - 8:40 PM.
Games are played on Saturdays at Beverly Cleary School - Fernwood Campus
(1915 NE 33rd Ave, Portland, OR 97212) beginning Saturday, April 15th, and continuing each Saturday through May 20th.
The game schedule will be posted on this webpageby Thursday of each week.
GAME SCHEDULE WILL POST HERE
Registration for the fall 2023 volleyball season opens August 14 and closes September 15. Practices begin Tuesday, September 12 and game play begins Saturday, September 23 and continues through October 21.
Program format for fall of 2023
The Saturday youth volleyball league is transitioning to a 4v4 game format. This change provides each player more opportunities to play, touch the ball, and develop their volleyball skills in a game environment. This game format also teaches players to work together, become better teammates, have fun, and to truly enjoy the game of volleyball.
- Independent players practice one day per week.
- Players – a maximum of 4 players per team during games.
- 3rd & 4th Grade League (program limit of 32 players).
- 5th & 6th Grade League (program limit of 32 players).
- 7th & 8th Grade League (program limit of 32 players).
- High School League (program limit of 32 players).
- Smaller Court – 25 ft. wide and 25 ft. deep.
- Short Games – First team to 15 points or highest score after 10 minutes.
- More Games – 4 to 6 games every Saturday.
- Games – Teams face a new opponent team every game.
- Player Rotation - Independent players form new teams each game.
- Scorekeeping –Tracking wins, not the score of the game.
- Referee – Games are monitored by a referee.
- Coaches – Coaching before and after games, not during game play.
Independent Player Registration
- Independent player fee: $125 (scholarships available).
- Independent players practice once a week, form teams and play games on Saturday.
Registration link will appear here.
Team Registration (Scholarships available)
- Team fee:
- Team of 4 to 7 players - $150
- Team of 8 to 11 players - $250
- Team of 12 or more players - $350
- A coach or chaperone is required for team registration.
- Teams are responsible for securing their own practice space.
- Player jerseys with 4" - 6” number on center front suggested.
- Team registration forms available below.
- Submit completed registration forms to email@example.com.