FALL 2023 VOLLEYBALL REGISTRATION
Registration for the fall 2023 co-ed volleyball season opens August 14 and closes September 15. Practices begin Tuesday, September 12 and game play begins Saturday, September 23 and continues through October 28.
Independent Player Registration
- Independent player fee: $125 (scholarships available).
- Independent players practice once a week, form teams, and play games on Saturdays.
- Registration link
Team Registration (Scholarships available)
- Team fee:
- Team of 4 to 7 players - $150
- Team of 8 to 11 players - $250
- Team of 12 or more players - $350
- A coach or chaperone is required for team registration.
- Teams are responsible for securing their own practice space.
- Player jerseys with 4" - 6” number on center front suggested.
- Teams can be comprised of single gender or co-ed.
- Submit completed registration forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
League Play and Practice
The Saturday youth volleyball league transitioned to a 4v4 game format.
This change provides each player more opportunities to play, touch the ball, and develop their volleyball skills in a game environment. This game format also teaches players to work together, become better teammates, have fun, and to truly enjoy the game of volleyball.
Practices begin Tuesday, September 12
The practice site is Mt. Tabor Middle School. The school is located at 5800 SE Ash St. Please access the building at the main entrance. The exterior doors are locked so a coach or staff member will provide entry to the school.
- 3rd through 7th grades: 6:00pm – 7:10pm
- 8th through high school grades: 7:20pm – 8:30pm
*Independent players practice one day per week.
Games are played at Beverly Cleary - Fernwood Middle School (1915 NE 33rd Ave. Portland, OR 97212) beginning Saturday, September 23 and continue through Saturday, October 28.
Weekly game schedules are posted each Thursday.
- Maximum of 4 players per team during games.
- Smaller Court – 25 ft. wide and 25 ft. deep.
- Short Games – First team to 15 points or highest score after 10 minutes.
- 4 to 6 games every Saturday.
- Teams face a new opponent team every game.
- Player Rotation - Independent players form new teams each game.
- Scorekeeping –Tracking wins, not the score of the game.
- Referee – Games are monitored by a referee.
- Coaches – Coaching allowed before and after games, not during game play.