Classes, lessons, jams, and camps!
- Search and Register online - Take a peek at all the offerings on the listing below!
- Classes and Clinics
Need more individualized attention? Develop skills, from beginning to advanced, in a one-on-one or small group setting. Work with your personal coach developing and improving your skating techniques and ability. Whether you are a beginner, intermediate or advanced rider, let us help you reach your personal goals.
- Ages: All - We have skilled coaches ready to work with young children through adult.
- Schedule: Personalized schedule based on your request and the availability of coaches.
- Forms: All participants will need to complete a lesson request form (Private or Semi-Private) to begin the scheduling and registration process. Emergency Form and Skateboard Participation Agreement need to be completed and brought to the first session.
- Skateboards and Pads: PP&R has skateboards, wrist guards and pads that can be checked out for lessons, classes and camps. Please mark this request on the Private or Semi-Private Request form.
Contact Citywide Sports Coordinator II below for more information or to schedule your Private Coaching Session. Or, complete the Private or Semi-Private Lesson Request form and email it or turn it into your neighborhood community center!
1 Hour Skate Session
Private 1-on-1: $40/Person
Group Session: $28/Person
1.5 Hour Skate Session
Private 1-on-1: $55/Person
Group Session: $38/Person
- Sign up with a friend and save! Group session size maximum of 5 participants.
- One and a half hour sessions are recommended for new skaters and provide an overview of skateboard safety, use of protective gear, and question/answer period for parents.
- One to two hour sessions are recommended for returning skaters.
- In case of inclement weather, we will move indoors if a space is available, or reschedule. Please be in contact with the coach or site and make sure we are notified at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled lesson if you decide not to attend.
- Cancellation fee may be assessed with less than 24 hours notice or a no show for the lesson.
- Lesson Request Forms: Private or Semi-Private
What's NEW with Skate?
- Parent Resources: Skatepark Etiquette and What Makes a Good Skateboard
- Portland Parks & Recreation manages seven skateparks citywide!
Objectives of PP&R Skate Programs
- Get up on board by exploring skateboard anatomy, functions, and stance
- Foster safer skating through practice of stance, falling and bailing out
- Encourage spacial awareness and critical thinking with skatepark etiquette
- Boost confidence and ability with balance, mechanics and control