Reserve a park for your wedding
Wedding Brochure (pdf)
Portland Parks & Recreation is the proud steward of more than 200 parks, gardens, and natural settings that can be reserved for weddings and/or receptions. These lovely settings are the perfect locations for ceremonies and celebrations. A few things to know:
- While weddings may be scheduled at a picnic site, receptions cannot be scheduled in a wedding garden (only the ceremony portion).
- City code requires that a permit be obtained for any wedding in a public park where guests are invited. Permits are issued by the Portland Parks & Recreation Customer Service Center.
- Weddings are not permitted at the Japanese Garden, Pittock Mansion and surrounding acres, or Portland International Raceway.
- Check the wedding brochure for locations, fees, policies, insurance, and reservation information.
How to make your wedding reservation for the 2021 season
Portland Parks & Recreation will once again hold a wedding lottery for weddings taking place March-December 2021.
- Lottery will open Monday, November 9 at 8:00am.
- Lottery will close Friday, November 30 at 5:00pm.
- A $121.25 non-refundable entry fee will be required at time of lottery submission.*
- Lottery Drawing will take place Thursday, December 3 (time TBD).
Participation in the wedding lottery is optional but highly recommended. After the wedding lottery, PP&R will begin taking general wedding reservations for the 2021 season on Monday, January 4, 2021. Reservations made after the wedding lottery will be limited in availability to locations not already reserved by lottery couples.
If your wedding will take place January or February 2021, you do not need to participate in the wedding lottery and can contact the Customer Service Center directly at 503-823-2525 at this time.
*Ask a customer service representative about our refund policies.
How to make your wedding reservation for the 2020 season
Make your reservation request one of three ways:
By phone - Call the Customer Service Center at 503-823-2525, and select option 1. Phone-in hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM-5:00 PM.
By Fax - Send the Parks Wedding Worksheet Application to 503-823-2515.
By mail - The Parks Wedding Worksheet Application and payment may be mailed to Portland Parks & Recreation Customer Service 1120 SW 5th Avenue, First Floor, Portland, Oregon 97204. Please make checks payable to the City of Portland.
Insurance may be required for your permit and may be purchased from a variety of sources:
- The City has arranged to make liability and property coverage available for those using city facilities or venues through Tenant Users Liability Policy (TULIP). This insurance is designed specifically for users of city facilities and venues so it meets our agreement requirements, and is often more cost-effective than options listed below. Coverage is provided for the majority of events, however large scale events, or events with dangerous or risky activities may be excluded.
- Many homeowners’ policies offer coverage for an event, or a special rider can be purchased.
- Many insurance agencies can put together what is called a special events policy.
Issued Permits and More
Upon approval and payment of all applicable fees, you will receive a link to your permit via email. Please print out this permit and take it with you to your event. A permit confirms your reservation and must be on-site during the event to be valid.
You can request the following items to be sent to you through the mail:
- Issued Permit and Site Map An official permit must be on-site during your event to be valid - please have a printed copy or a digital copy (on your smartphone or tablet) available for viewing.
- Reservation Signage We provide signs by request only. It is your responsibility to display signs on the day of your event to notify park users that the area is reserved. We do not allow signs to be attached to trees or placed on stakes in the ground (sandwich boards are recommended). A member of your group may wish to monitor the site prior to the beginning of your event.
- Vehicle Access Pass If requested and approved, a vehicle access pass will be mailed to you, or you may pick up the pass from our office.
Look for the ADA symbol in the tables on pages 4-7 of the Wedding Brochure. For more detailed information on accessible amenities, parking, and access points, please call the Customer Service Center.