In this Park Facility
COVID-19 related information
Learn more about closures and postponements related to the COVID-19 pandemic response.
In 1893, the town of Sellwood was merged into Portland, but has managed to keep its own identity throughout the years. The area is named for John Sellwood, an Episcopal minister who owned the land claim in what is now the Sellwood area. Sellwood Park used to be the site of the City View Racetrack.
In 2019, the Sellwood Park Kitchen roof and structural columns were replaced with funding from the 2014 Parks Replacement Bond. This building was constructed in the mid-1920s as a concession stand and is used now as a kitchen space for park reservations.
- Picnic site