Memorial Day closure

Most City of Portland offices will be closed Monday, May 27, in observance of Memorial Day.

Research on Park Property

All research taking place on property owned or managed by Portland Parks & Recreation requires a permit. There are no fees, but the permit is required. Applications will be accepted at any time.

Please have the follow information ready before you start your application;

  • Your contact information
  • Information regarding your organization
  • Description and details of the research being conducted

Portland Parks & Recreation requires copies of reports and publications. Whether published or unpublished data, all reports must be available upon request. You are responsible for acquiring the necessary state and institutional permits.

Application for Research on Park Property


PP&R Customer Service Center