Access Pass - Reduced Pricing
Portland Parks & Recreation (PP&R) believes recreation is for everyone. We know that the price of programs and activities prevents some community members from being able to participate. Thanks to the Parks Local Option Levy (Parks Levy) we can offer new payment options for people who live within the City of Portland. City of Portland residents can register for a free Access Pass to receive an ongoing discount of 25, 50, 75, or 90% based on financial need. The pass is valid for 12 months from the date of enrollment. No proof of income is required.
How to sign up for activities, classes, and offerings
Winter activities take place from January 8 through March 31 and include Spring Break Camps.
- Winter programs (January 8 - March 31, 2024) will open for enrollment on the following dates:
- Session A (January 8 - February 11) and Session A/B (January 8 - March 17) are open for enrollment.
- Due to inclement weather, registration for Session B (February 12 - March 17) and Spring Break Camps (March 25-31) will open for enrollment on January 22, 2024 at 9:30am.
- If cost is a barrier to participating, consider getting an Access Pass.
General Registration: Register online, over the phone through the Customer Service Center (503-823-2525), or by calling or visiting a recreation or arts center.
Early Registration: As part of our Parks Levy commitment, we're trying to help more people use our parks and activities, especially seniors, teens, people of color, immigrants, people with disabilities, and those with less money. We work with community groups to tell them about early sign-up times. This Early Registration Pilot Program helps new users by giving them information, setting up accounts, and offering assistance if they need it. Half of the spots for activities are available during this time. Groups that are interested in learning more can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Portland Parks & Recreation community centers and pools are open for drop-in activities including swimming and fitness. Additional activities, including TeenForce drop-in, are available. All programming, participant capacity limits, and locations are subject to change based on the most current public health guidance.
PP&R also offers a variety of activities for you to sign up to participate in. Activities, including swim lessons, sports, art classes, music lessons, school break camps, Adaptive & Inclusive recreation, and Lifelong Recreation, will open for enrollment on the following dates (in-person and virtual options available):
Create an account
Portland Parks & Recreation (PP&R) uses an online registration system for all the amazing camps, classes, and programs available to you and your family. To register for PP&R activities, you'll first need to create an online account.
Need help creating an account? Watch this video for step-by-step instructions.
- Crear una cuenta en línea de Portland Parks & Recreation
- Как создать свой аккаунт на сайте Управления парков Портленда
Search for a class or activity
Once you have an account, follow this video's step-by-step instructions and captions to search for and sign up for activities.
- How to search for a Portland Parks & Recreation activity and sign up online
- Cómo buscar una actividad de Portland Parks & Recreation e inscribirse en línea
- Как зарегистрироваться на занятия и мероприятия Управления парков Портленда
Join our mailing list
Portland Parks & Recreation is working to reduce waste, and we are building a mailing list to send paper copies of the activity guide to Portlanders who really want it. Activity Guides will be mailed only to the customers who are on the mailing list created through the link below. Anyone can add their address at any time.
Portland Parks & Recreation’s developing civil rights page offers information related to making programming more accessible and inclusive.