Outdoor Tennis Court COVID-19 Safety Rules
Effective May 27, 2020
- No groups. Singles only.
- Don’t share tennis balls. Each player must bring two or more balls. Mark tennis balls for identification and only touch your own.
- Do not play if you’re sick.
- Maintain 6 feet of physical distance from others at all times. Avoid changing sides of the court. Wash your hands or use sanitizer.
- Court may be closed at any time.
- Use of courts for activities other than tennis is not allowed.
COVID-19 related information
Learn more about closures and postponements related to the COVID-19 pandemic response.
Portland Tennis Center (PTC) will reopen for play starting Monday, July 20
We are so excited to reopen our doors and welcome players back to our courts. Prior to your visit, please take a moment and review our new safety and operational procedure changes.
A self-health check is required before entering. Please do not enter the building if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Muscle Ache
- Shortness of breath
- Sore Throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Face coverings must be worn while entering and walking through the facility. Face coverings may be removed while playing on the tennis courts.
- Maintain physical distance at all times. Please keep six feet apart while walking through the facility.
- Court reservation is required before entrance into the facility. Court reservations can be made via our Online Reservation App or over the phone by calling 503-823-3189. In order to comply with Multnomah County contact tracing standards, all online accounts need to be accurate with the correct name and contact information for all players.
- All players will need to purchase a Summer Pass. Passes can be purchased over the phone or at our Portland Tennis Center Summer Pass page.
- Hand sanitizing stations available throughout the building
- Drinking fountains and showers are temporarily unavailable.
- Please follow all one-way directional signs as you navigate to your court.
- Please note exit location for your court. Do not exit through the main door unless there is an emergency.
Regular Temporary Hours:
Hours for court reservations: 8:00am-8:30pm
Reservations open 3 days in advance at 8:30am.
Featuring eight indoor courts and four outdoor courts, PTC is open to the public year-round. Court time for indoor courts is 1¼ hours; $16/person for singles and $8/person for doubles. Court time for outdoor courts is 1¼ hours; $12 per court time. Pass-holders can reserve courts and play in mixers for no charge as well as receive discounts on all programming. We offer private, semi-private and group lessons, mixers, drills, World Team Tennis, USTA Leagues, and City Leagues.
Tennis Pass - No longer pay for court or mixer fees and receive reduced rates for lessons, classes, and drills. Stop by the Portland Tennis Center and our staff can set you up with the pass that is most convenient for you!
|PTC Pass Type||Resident per month||Non-Resident per month|
|Couple (same address)||$105||$115|
|Senior (60 and over)||$57||$67|
|Senior Couple (both 60 and over)||$86||$96|
|Family (same address)||$110||$120|
There is a $150 cancellation fee for anyone who cancels their Tennis Pass within 12 months of activating their account.
Setting up a Portland Tennis Bookings online account will allow you to reserve courts, sign up for events, and see what's happening at Portland Tennis Center. You can also call PTC at 503-823-3189 to make a reservation.
- Bookings may be made 3 days in advance at 8:30am.
- All reservations must be paid for before playing.
- A person will only be allowed 2 standing reservations at a time.
- You will only be allowed to use your reservation and cannot use another name to reserve courts under.
- 24 Hour cancelation policy enforced.
- Only Portland Tennis Center staff may give instruction at Portland Tennis Center.