Portland Parks & Recreation is dedicated to providing a play-based, child-centered educational preschool program for ages 3–5 years old. Play is an important avenue for learning. It is our goal to honor where each child is in their development.
Virtual Preschool Details
Portland Parks Preschool is being offered virtually! This year may look different and we know families’ needs may have changed. With our customizable options, Portland Parks Preschool will keep your preschooler safe and engaged while limiting additional stressors on caregivers. Enjoy monthly themes along with additional family resources including other virtual activities (zoo cams, museum tours), articles on supporting your virtual learners, self-care resources for parents, and more! Choose the learning opportunity that works best for your family.
- Enroll in Portland Parks Preschool, which will begin virtually $79/month
- Access to our video and resource library at your convenience, updated weekly
- Individual communication and check-ins with your child’s preschool teacher
- One live family engagement session per week with teacher and peers
- Access to pick-up activity-kits, twice per month, from a preschool teacher
- Family engagement opportunities on activity-kit pick-up days
- Space is held for in-person programming
There is not a timeline for when programing can safely move to in-person
- If space is unavailable, waitlist for in-person programming with or without registering for additional virtual programming options
- Register to access activity-kits and/or resource library
Space not held for in-person program; may enroll for any remaining spots or waitlist
- Access to pick-up activity-kits, twice per month, (location TBD) $40/month
- Access to our video and resource library, updated weekly $20/month
- Register for both activity-kit pick-up and access to resource library $50/month
Now, more than ever, we recognize that some families may require financial assistance to participate in our programming. If the cost of Portland Parks Preschool is out of your reach, we encourage you to speak to our staff about scholarship opportunities that may align the price of our virtual preschool to your family’s budget.
How to Register
To secure a spot, a $40 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of registration. To inquire about current openings, please email email@example.com and include the following:
- Your name and your child’s name
- Your child’s date of birth
- The community center(s) you are interested in enrolling in
- Any days or times you are not available to participate in weekly live-engagements
You may also call 503-823-2525 and a customer service representative will help direct you to a Portland Parks Preschool Coordinator.
About Portland Parks Preschool
Portland Parks Preschool is based on the developmental philosophy that children develop and grow at their own rate. Years of research on children's learning and development documents the many benefits of play and exploration on a child's intellectual, social, emotional, physical, and language development. In order to grow, children must play by exploring and manipulating their environment. They learn using their senses. Play is an important avenue for learning. As children imitate what goes on around them, they begin to understand how things work and how they are used. Initially, this is a process of trial and error. However, with time and repetition, they use new information to increase their understanding of the world around them.
- Charles Jordan Community Center | 9009 N Foss, 503-823-3631
- East Portland Community Center | 740 SE 106th Avenue, 503-823-3450
- Matt Dishman Community Center | 77 NE Knott Street, 503-823-3673
- Montavilla Community Center | 8219 NE Glisan Street, 503-823-4101
- Mt. Scott Community Center | 5530 SE 72nd Avenue, 503-823-3183
- Peninsula Park Community Center | 700 N Rosa Parks Way, 503-823-3195
- St. Johns Community Center | 8427 N Central Street, 503-823-3192
- Southwest Community Center | 6820 SW 45th Avenue, 503-823-2840
- Woodstock Community Center | 5905 SE 43rd Avenue, 503-823-3633
COVID-19 related information
Learn more about closures and postponements related to the COVID-19 pandemic response.