About The Portland Loo™
The Portland Loo™ is both a standard restroom style used in parks around Portland and a product that is owned and sold to other communities by the City of Portland. A portion of the profits from sales supports Portland's provision of public restrooms locally.
Information about Portland's own set of loos:
Hours of Loos in Portland vary by unit and location.
There are six downtown loos that are generally open 24/7, located at:
- Jamison Park
- The North Park Blocks at NW Couch Street
- The South Park Blocks at SW Columbia Street
- In Waterfront Park at both SW Taylor and SW Ash Streets, and
- The original loo at NW Glisan and 5th by the Greyhound station.
- All other Loos in Portland generally remain open during park hours, but they may close seasonally.
- Exterior handwashing stations serve pedestrians
- Cleaned at least once daily
- A bicycle or stroller easily fits inside
For more information about the Portland Loo™ as a product
The sales and marketing is managed under contract with the City's partner and the manufacturer of the Loo, Madden Fabrication.
- For sales or marketing information, go to the Official Loo website or contact Madden Fabrication at 503-226-3968
- For maintenance problems or operational questions, contact Bryan Aptekar with Portland Parks & Recreation at 503-823-6973