In this Park Facility
Inclement Weather Policy and Closures
PP&R classes, activities, rentals, and sports events may be canceled due to inclement weather, such as ice, snow, or extreme heat. Call 503-823-2533 or visit portland.gov/parks/closures for the most current information. Some recreation programs may run as conditions and staff availability allow. Safety is a major factor in determining operations at each PP&R facility. PP&R facilities, our social media outlets, and our website will all feature operating information including opening and closing times.
Access Pass - Reduced Pricing
Portland Parks & Recreation (PP&R) believes recreation is for everyone. We know that the price of programs and activities prevents some community members from being able to participate. Thanks to the Parks Local Option Levy (Parks Levy) we can offer new payment options for people who live within the City of Portland. City of Portland residents can register for a free Access Pass to receive an ongoing discount of 25, 50, 75, or 90% based on financial need. The pass is valid for 12 months from the date of enrollment. No proof of income is required.
Sign Up for Activities
Register online, over the phone through the Customer Service Center (503-823-2525), or by calling or visiting any PP&R community or arts center.
Registration begins at 12:30pm
- Wednesday, December 14 for winter activities that start on or after January 9
- Wednesday, January 18 for winter activities that start on or after February 13, including spring break camps (March 27–31)
Portland Parks Preschool (Global Adventures)
Global Adventures is dedicated to a multicultural preschool program through intertwining multicultural instruction and activities throughout the daily curriculum. Children are valued for their uniqueness and are taught, through examining other cultures, the importance of diversity in themselves and others. Multiculturalism is reflected in each classroom with toys, music, books, foods, daily activities, and cultural celebrations.
Now enrolling for the 2022-2023 school year. Virtual and discount options are available. View details and learn more about Portland Parks Preschool at portland.gov/parks/preschool.
SOAR (Afterschool Program)
- Student Oriented Afterschool Recreation
- A school year program serving grades K-5 from Chief Joseph and Boise Eliot Elementary Schools.
- An enriching environment with entertaining and challenging activities that enhance children's development and promotes self-esteem. Relish opportunities such as homework help, sports and games, social interaction, arts and crafts, education, and time making new friends. The place to be! SOAR does not operate on Portland Public School non-school days.
- For more information, please call 503-823-3620.
- To secure a space in our program, a $40 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of registration. If this is a barrier to participation, the deposit can be collected at a later date upon request.
9:30–10:30am—Baby and Toddler Gym (age 16m–3 with an adult, $1/child)
1:00–2:00pm—Baby and Toddler Gym (age 16m–3 with an adult, $1/child)
Built in 1913, the original floor plan was perfectly symmetrical, consisting of one pool, two locker rooms, and two gyms - one for men, the other for women. Such separate-but-equal social attitudes were also reflected in the entryway murals: young men featured in the area leading to the men's side, and young women on the women's side. The Portland Lavender Club, a dance and social group for women over age 50, originated here and it was home to a women's volleyball club for many years.