COVID-19 related information
Learn more about closures and postponements related to the COVID-19 pandemic response.
Oaks Pioneer Church rental information
Visit the website at www.oakspioneerchurch.org or call 503-234-3570.
Size in acres
Oaks Pioneer Church, originally St John's Episcopal Church, was built in 1851 on the outskirts of the pioneer town of Milwaukie. The building was added on to or remodeled several times between 1869-1928. By 1960 the old church had fallen into disuse and was scheduled for demolition, but thanks to the efforts of civic leaders, funds were raised to hire LaBeck and Son to move the old church. In 1961 the church was shipped by barge to the ferry slip on the end of Spokane St, placed in its current location at the edge of Sellwood Park, and renamed Oaks Pioneer Church. It was restored by the Sellwood-Moreland Improvement League (SMILE) and is now listed as a Portland Historical Landmark and is included in the National Register of Historic Places.