POSTED JUNE 3, 2019
(Portland, OR) –
Another fun summer of outdoor swimming and other aquatic activities with Portland Parks & Recreation (PP&R) Aquatics will start on Tuesday, June 18, 2019.
Please note: ALL Portland Parks & Recreation pools (indoor and outdoor) will be CLOSED on Monday, June 17, 2019, for staff training/orientation.
PP&R pool schedules and info by location are available here.
Outdoor Pools (opening June 18, 2019)
- Creston Pool, 4454 SE Powell Blvd, (503) 823-3672
- Grant Pool, 2300 NE 33rd Avenue, (503) 823-3674
- Montavilla Pool,8219 NE Glisan Street, (503) 823-3675
- Pier Pool, 9341 N St. Johns Avenue, (503) 823-3678
- Sellwood Pool, 7951 SE 7th Avenue, (503) 823-3679
- Wilson Pool, 1151 SW Vermont Avenue, (503) 823-3680
Opening on Monday, July 8, 2019 (due to a Parks Replacement Bond-funded renovation):
- Peninsula Pool, 700 N Rosa Parks Way, (503) 823-3677
Indoor Pools (open year-round)
- Columbia Pool, 7701 N Chautauqua Blvd, (503) 823-3669
- East Portland Pool, 740 SE 106th Avenue, (503) 823-3450
- Matt Dishman Pool, 77 NE Knott Street, (503) 823-3673
- Mt. Scott Pool, 5530 SE 72nd Avenue, (503) 823-3183
- Southwest Pool, 6820 SW 45th Avenue, (503) 823-2840
Free Open Play Swim Sessions - part of Summer Free For All
Come join our free swim sessions at PP&R pools this summer, part of #SFFA Summer Free For All and Title Sponsor Nike #madetoplay.
No registration is needed to stay cool at your nearby pool! Just check the website for dates and times for FREE open play swimming at Columbia, Creston, Grant, Montavilla, Peninsula, Pier, and Sellwood Pools.
Portland Parks & Recreation pools also offer open play swims, water exercise classes, junior lifeguard training, junior swim training, summer swim teams, and special events.
PP&R offers swim lessons for all age groups and ability levels, and parents who want to enroll their children in swimming lessons should act now. Most sessions include 10 lessons for $57.00. There is also a FREE Learn to Swim session from June 18-21, 2019. Free Lesson registration is walk-in (in person) registration only on Saturday, June 15 from 8:00am-11:30am at your neighborhood pool.You may also by your summer swim pass and register for paid lessons on Saturday, June 15.
Clases de natación con instrucción en español están disponibles a Columbia Pool, Montavilla Pool, East Portland Community Center, y Pier Pool. (Swim lessons with instruction in Spanish are available at Columbia Pool, East Portland Community Center, Montavilla Pool, and Pier Pool.)
For more information on all Aquatics offerings, including how to register for swimming lessons or participate in other summer activities, contact the pool near you, visit the PP&R Aquatics website, or call the Aquatic Administration Office at 503-823-5130.
# # #