(Portland, OR) –
Our first stint of hot weather is coming and Portland Parks & Recreation (PP&R) is here to help you stay cool. Please see below for information on park fountains, splash pads (turning on soon!), and PP&R pools/swim lessons.
Information on interactive fountains and splash pads is available at portlandoregon.gov/parks/splash.
Information on indoor and outdoor pools and swim lessons is available at portlandoregon.gov/parks/aquatics.
Interactive Fountains (fountains you can play in!)
All six of Portland Parks & Recreation’s interactive park fountains are open right now water fun.
- Bill Naito Legacy Fountain (in Waterfront Park, by Saturday Market)
- Director Park’s Teachers Fountain (815 SW Park Avenue)
- Holladay Park Fountain (NE 11th Avenue and Holladay Street)
- Jamison Square (810 NW 11th Avenue)
- McCoy Park (N. Trenton Street and Newman Avenue)
- Salmon Street Springs Fountain (Waterfront Park, corner of SW Salmon Street)
Please know that park splash pads (the features in neighborhood parks) will be turned on the last day of Portland Public Schools – this year that date is June 12, 2019. Splash pads will be on from that time through Labor Day, 11am-7pm.
- Colonel Summers Park – SE 17th Avenue and Taylor Street
- Columbia Park and Annex - N Lombard Street and Woolsey Avenue
- Dawson Park - N Stanton Street and Williams Avenue
- Earl Boyles Park - east of SE 107th Avenue and Francis Street
- Elizabeth Caruthers Park - 3508 SW Moody Avenue
- Essex Park - SE 79th Avenue and Center Street
- Farragut Park - N Kerby Avenue and Farragut Street
- Fernhill Park - NE 37th Avenue and Ainsworth Street
- Gateway Discovery Park - 10520 NE Halsey Street
- Irving Park - NE 7th Avenue and Fremont Street
- Kenton Park - 8417 N Brandon Avenue
- Khunamokwst Park - 5200 NE Alberta Street
- Luuwit View Park - NE 127th Avenue and Fremont Street
- Northgate Park - N Geneva Avenue and Fessenden Street
- Peninsula Park - 700 N Rosa Parks Way
- Pier Park - N Lombard Street and Bruce Avenue
- Raymond Park - SE 118th Avenue and Raymond Street
- Spring Garden Park – 3332 SW Spring Garden Street
- Woodlawn Park - NE 13th Avenue and Dekum Street
Indoor and Outdoor Pools
Another fun summer of outdoor swimming and other aquatic activities with Portland Parks & Recreation (PP&R) aquatics will start on Tuesday, June 18, 2019. Please note, all Portland Parks & Recreation pools (indoor and outdoor) will be CLOSED on Monday, June 17, 2019, for staff training/orientation.
Outdoor Pools (opening June 18, 2019)
- Creston Pool, 4454 SE Powell Blvd, (503) 823-3672
- Grant Pool, 2300 NE 33rd Avenue, (503) 823-3674
- Montavilla Pool,8219 NE Glisan Street, (503) 823-3675
- Pier Pool, 9341 N St. Johns Avenue, (503) 823-3678
- Sellwood Pool, 7951 SE 7th Avenue, (503) 823-3679
- Wilson Pool, 1151 SW Vermont Avenue, (503) 823-3680
- Peninsula Pool, 700 N Rosa Parks Way, (503) 823-3677 - Opening on Monday, July 8, 2019, due to renovation funded by the Parks Replacement Bond and Parks System Development Charges
Indoor Pools (open year-round)
- Columbia Pool, 7701 N Chautauqua Blvd, (503) 823-3669
- East Portland Pool, 740 SE 106th Avenue, (503) 823-3450
- Matt Dishman Pool, 77 NE Knott Street, (503) 823-3673
- Mt. Scott Pool, 5530 SE 72nd Avenue, (503) 823-3183
- Southwest Pool, 6820 SW 45th Avenue, (503) 823-2840
Summer Free For All - Free Open Play Swim Sessions
Come join our free swim sessions at PP&R pools this summer, part of Summer Free For All and title sponsor Nike. No registration is needed to stay cool at your nearby pool! Just check the website for dates and times for FREE open play swimming at Columbia, Creston, Grant, Montavilla, Peninsula, Pier, and Sellwood Pools.
Portland Parks & Recreation pools also offer open play swims, water exercise classes, junior lifeguard training, junior swim training, summer swim teams, and special events.
PP&R offers swim lessons for all age groups and ability levels, and parents who want to enroll their children in swimming lessons should act now. Most sessions include 10 lessons for $57.00. There is also a FREE Learn to Swim session from June 18-21, 2019. Free Lesson registration is walk-in (in person) registration only on Saturday, June 15 from 8:00am-11:30am at your neighborhood pool.You may also by your summer swim pass and register for paid lessons on Saturday, June 15, 2019.
Clases de natación con instrucción en español están disponibles a Columbia Pool, Montavilla Pool, East Portland Community Center, y Pier Pool. (Swim lessons with instruction in Spanish are available at Columbia Pool, East Portland Community Center, Montavilla Pool, and Pier Pool.)
For more information on all aquatics offerings, including how to register for swimming lessons or participate in other summer activities, contact the pool near you, visit portlandoregon.gov/parks/aquatics, or call the aquatic administration office at 503-823-5130.