Project details: Join Portland Parks & Recreation, Johnson Creek Watershed Council (JCWC) and the Friends of Tideman Johnson community members to enhance this little gem of a Park. Ecological enhancement of this area provides cleaner air for community members and cleaner water in Johnson Creek, which supports salmon and other fish. Everyone welcome, and no experience necessary! Volunteers will likely be removing litter and nuisance plants. Children welcome and must be accompanied by an attentive adult. See below for important information about what to expect, and what to wear and bring to the event. A reminder email will be sent to registered participants 1-2 days before the event from JCWC; please read the reminder email for updated and detailed instructions.
Event itself will be from 9:00 AM - noon, but you are invited to the end-of-year celebration BBQ immediately after the event, at a property adjacent to the park! Food and drink provided, but please register by Thursday, June 1, so that we know how many people to plan for.
REGISTRATION THROUGH JCWC REQUIRED.
Questions: For more information contact Susan: firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.823.5937. Day of event call or text Susan.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering to keep Portland's natural area parks healthy, beautiful, and safe for people and wildlife!
Here are a few tips to get you ready for your stewardship event.
- Registration is requested for all stewardship events.
- Please volunteer close to home or in your community.
- Stay home if you are experiencing symptoms of any contagious illness or have had recent contact with someone exhibiting symptoms of any illness. There will be other opportunities to volunteer!
- Face coverings are welcomed, but not required. We do encourage volunteers to wear them inside shared spaces (such as the portable toilet/bathroom). Bring your own face covering, or PP&R will provide face coverings for anyone who doesn’t have their own and wants one.
- Bring a water bottle! Coffee/tea, snacks and water will be provided. Instruction, tools and gloves will be provided for anyone who does not have their own.
- In order to ensure your comfort and safety, please remember to dress for the weather, wear closed-toe, sturdy shoes; long pants and long-sleeved shirts; and be ready to get dirty!
- Unless otherwise noted, all events are family-friendly and all ages are welcome to participate. However, children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult for the duration of the event. We encourage you to attend events with members of your household/family!
- While groups are welcome to join many of our regularly scheduled stewardship events, please contact the event coordinator listed in the description before arriving with a group. This will ensure that there are enough gloves and tools and project tasks for everyone. We are also available to schedule special service events at your group's convenience during the week or on weekends. Learn more about programs for groups