Join the Johnson Creek Watershed Council and Conservation Insight's community science spring bird survey team at Powell Butte Nature Park, held in partnership with Portland Parks & Recreation!
6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
Join the Johnson Creek Watershed Council's and Conservation Insight's community science spring bird survey team at Powell Butte Nature Park, held in partnership with Portland Parks & Recreation!
Additional information and Registration with JCWC.
- Orientation (online): April 5, 6:00-7:30 PM
- In-person training: Either Friday, April 7, 8:00-9:30 AM or Saturday, April 8, 8:00-9:30 AM
Volunteers must have intermediate or greater birding ID skills and must use their own binoculars. (There will be just a few available to borrow.) All data collection will be through eBird, so you will need an account. (We will help you set this up during the training.)
Here are a few tips to get you ready for your stewardship event.
- Registration is requested for all stewardship events.
- Please volunteer close to home or in your community.
- Stay home if you are experiencing symptoms of any contagious illness or have had recent contact with someone exhibiting symptoms of any illness. There will be other opportunities to volunteer!
- Face coverings are welcomed, but not required. We do encourage volunteers to wear them inside shared spaces (such as the portable toilet/bathroom). Bring your own face covering, or JCWC will provide face coverings for anyone who doesn’t have their own and wants one.
- Bring a water bottle!
- In order to ensure your comfort and safety, please remember to dress for the weather, wear sturdy shoes; long pants and long-sleeved shirts, and bring warm clothes and raingear.