Please join Portland Parks & Recreation and the Crystal Springs Partnership for a planting event at Brannen Natural Area! Tending to this important natural area will positively impact the health of Crystal Springs Creek and the surrounding habitat.
Registration is required. To register, please fill out the PP&R liability form here.
- Event Details: We will be planting native trees and shrubs and spreading mulch around each new plant. Please bring a water bottle, dress for the weather, and wear closed toed shoes. We will provide coffee, snacks, tools, gloves, and instruction.
- When: Saturday, January 6th from 9am-12pm
- Where: The corner of SE 21st Ave and SE Umatilla St (MAP)
- Location description: Some of the site is accessed by climbing over a ~3ft tall split rail fence. The area is mostly flat with tall grasses. Some of the site is accessible from a the paved sidewalk. A portable toilet unit will be on site.
- Parking: street parking is available on both SE 21st Ave and SE Umatilla St.
- Questions: contact Anne Marie Santos (503)729-0318; annemarie.santos@portlandoregon…
Thank you for helping to keep Portland Parks healthy and beautiful!
Here are a few tips to get you ready for your stewardship event.
Registration is required for all stewardship events.
PP&R will provide training for the activity, and tools and gloves for anyone who does not have their own.
In order to ensure your comfort and safety, please remember to dress for the weather, wear close-toed shoes, bring a water bottle, and be ready to get dirty!
Unless otherwise noted, all events are family-friendly and all ages are welcome to participate. However, children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult for the duration of the event. We encourage you to attend events with members of your household/family!
While groups are welcome to join many of our regularly scheduled stewardship events, please contact the event coordinator listed in the description before arriving with a group. This will ensure that there are enough gloves and tools for everyone to work. We are also available to schedule special service events at your group's convenience during the week or on weekends. Learn more about programs for groups.