Project details: Join Portland Parks & Recreation and Columbia Slough Watershed Council to improve the habitat of Columbia Children's Arboretum. This park has been under construction since spring of 2022, and is open once again! We invite you to come check out the new fully ADA accessible cement path and upgraded picnic areas in the northern portion of the park, while also adding native plants to the forested parts of the park.
Everyone welcome, and no experience necessary! Volunteers will be planting native flowers, ferns, and shrubs. Work will involve digging and walking on un-even, muddy ground. Children welcome and must be accompanied by an attentive adult. See below for important information about what to expect, and what to wear and bring to the event.
Location: Columbia Children's Arboretum (10040 NE 6th Dr, Portland 97211)
A reminder email will be sent to registered participants 1-2 days before the event from ; please read the reminder email for updated and detailed instructions.
REGISTRATION REQUIRED Click here to register.
Questions: For more information contact Yoko Silk at firstname.lastname@example.org; 503-278-1341.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering to keep Portland's natural area parks healthy, beautiful, and safe for people and wildlife!
Here are a few tips to get you ready for your stewardship event.
- Registration is requested for all stewardship events.
- Stay home if you are experiencing symptoms of any contagious illness or have had recent contact with someone exhibiting symptoms of any illness, or have tested positive for Covid-19. There will be other opportunities to volunteer!
- Face coverings are not required. We do encourage volunteers to wear them inside shared spaces (such as the portable toilet/bathroom).
- Bring a water bottle! Coffee/tea, snacks and water will be provided.
- Instruction, tools and gloves will be provided for anyone who does not have their own.
- In order to ensure your comfort and safety, please remember to dress for the weather, wear closed-toe, sturdy shoes; long pants and long-sleeved shirts; and be ready to get dirty!
- Unless otherwise noted, all events are family-friendly and all ages are welcome to participate. However, children under 14 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult for the duration of the event. We encourage you to attend events with members of your household/family!
- While groups are welcome to join many of our regularly scheduled stewardship events, please contact the event coordinator listed in the description before arriving with a group. This will ensure that there are enough gloves and tools and project tasks for everyone. We are also available to schedule special service events at your group's convenience during the week or on weekends. Learn more about programs for groups