Project details: Join Portland Parks & Recreation and the Pleasant Valley Neighborhood Association to care for native plants planted previously by volunteers in this little hidden park next to Johnson Creek. Native plants provide clean air for Portlanders and food and shelter for wildlife such as birds, coyote and deer. Mulching plants planted previously by volunteers will help the plants to survive through the hot summer months. Check out the Creek in its spring glory, and keep your eye out for wildlife as you volunteer alongside other community members—everyone welcome, and no experience necessary! Children welcome and must be accompanied by an attentive adult. See below for important information about what to expect, and what to wear and bring to the event. A reminder email will be sent to registered participants 1-2 days before the event from Susan at PP&R; please read the reminder email for further and updated instructions.
Meeting location will be emailed to you once you are registered.
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED: PVNA-PP&R volunteer event 3-18-23 at Kingsley D. Bundy Park
Questions: For more information contact Susan: firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.823.5937. Day of event text/call Susan: 503.823.5937.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering to keep Portland's natural area parks healthy, beautiful, and safe for people and wildlife!
Here are a few tips to get you ready for your stewardship event.
- Registration is requested for all stewardship events.
- Please volunteer close to home or in your community.
- Stay home if you are experiencing symptoms of any contagious illness or have had recent contact with someone exhibiting symptoms of any illness. There will be other opportunities to volunteer!
- Face coverings are welcomed, but not required. We do encourage volunteers to wear them inside shared spaces (such as the portable toilet/bathroom). Bring your own face covering, or PP&R will provide face coverings for anyone who doesn’t have their own and wants one.
- Bring a water bottle! Coffee/tea and snacks will be provided. Instruction, tools and gloves will be provided for anyone who does not have their own.
- In order to ensure your comfort and safety, please remember to dress for the weather, wear closed-toed, sturdy shoes; long pants and long-sleeved shirts; and be ready to get dirty!
- Unless otherwise noted, all events are family-friendly and all ages are welcome to participate. However, children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult for the duration of the event. We encourage you to attend events with members of your household/family!
- While groups are welcome to join many of our regularly scheduled stewardship events, please contact the event coordinator listed in the description before arriving with a group. This will ensure that there are enough gloves and tools and project tasks for everyone. We are also available to schedule special service events at your group's convenience during the week or on weekends. Learn more about programs for groups