Join PP&R, Solve and Governors Park neighbors to help restore Governors Park Natural Area. Volunteers will be working off trail on slopes and uneven ground removing ivy. Please dress for the weather, wear closed toed shoes, bring a water bottle and snacks. Tools, gloves, project instruction, snacks, hot drinks and hand warmers provided.
Contact Mary Verrilli at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-823-8367
Thank you for your interest in volunteering to keep Portland's natural area parks healthy, beautiful, and safe for people and wildlife!
Here are a few tips to get you ready for your next stewardship event.
- Stay home if you are experiencing symptoms of any contagious illness or have had recent contact with someone exhibiting symptoms of any illness.
- PP&R staff or the partner group liaison will be on site to greet you and will provide gloves, tools, training for the day's activity, and a snack to keep you going.
- In order to ensure your comfort and safety, please remember to dress for the weather, wear close-toed shoes, bring a water bottle, and be ready to get dirty!
- Unless otherwise noted, all events are family friendly and all ages are welcome to participate. However, children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult for the duration of the event.
- While groups are welcome to join many of our regularly scheduled stewardship events, please contact the event coordinator listed in the description before arriving with a large group. This will ensure that there are enough gloves and tools for everyone to work. We are also available to schedule special service events at your group's convenience during the week or on weekends. Learn more about programs for groups.
If you are looking for community service to fulfill court requirements, please call 503-823-5121. You must be registered with our program before undertaking any community service.