Project details: Join Portland Parks & Recreation, Friends of Trees, and POIC Rosemary Anderson High School crew leaders to enhance this natural area, the site of the headwaters of Wilkes Creek. Ecological enhancement of this area provides cleaner air for community members, more habitat for wildlife, and cleaner water in Wilkes Creek and the Columbia Slough. Everyone welcome, and no experience necessary! Volunteers will be planting native wildflowers, shrubs, and trees. Children welcome and must be accompanied by an attentive adult. See below for important information about what to expect, and what to wear and bring to the event. A reminder email will be sent to registered participants 1-2 days before the event from Friends of Trees; please read the reminder email for updated and detailed instructions.
Exact meeting location will be included in the Reminder email.
REGISTRATION REQUIRED THROUGH Friends of Trees. Click here to register.
Questions: For more information contact Yoko Silk at email@example.com; 503-278-1341.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering to keep Portland's natural area parks healthy, beautiful, and safe for people and wildlife!
Here are a few tips to get you ready for your stewardship event.
- Registration is requested for all stewardship events.
- Stay home if you are experiencing symptoms of any contagious illness or have had recent contact with someone exhibiting symptoms of any illness, or have tested positive for Covid-19. There will be other opportunities to volunteer!
- Face coverings are welcomed, but not required. We do encourage volunteers to wear them inside shared spaces (such as the portable toilet/bathroom). Bring your own face covering, or PP&R will provide face coverings for anyone who doesn’t have their own and wants one.
- Bring a water bottle! Coffee/tea, snacks and water will be provided.
- Instruction, tools and gloves will be provided for anyone who does not have their own.
- In order to ensure your comfort and safety, please remember to dress for the weather, wear closed-toe, sturdy shoes; long pants and long-sleeved shirts; and be ready to get dirty!
- Unless otherwise noted, all events are family-friendly and all ages are welcome to participate. However, children under 14 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult for the duration of the event. We encourage you to attend events with members of your household/family!
- While groups are welcome to join many of our regularly scheduled stewardship events, please contact the event coordinator listed in the description before arriving with a group. This will ensure that there are enough gloves and tools and project tasks for everyone. We are also available to schedule special service events at your group's convenience during the week or on weekends. Learn more about programs for groups