Project details: Join Portland Parks & Recreation and Hands on Portland to plant native plants on Powell Butte. Planting native wildflowers provides food for bees and other animals, and beauty for community members to enjoy. Everyone welcome, and no experience necessary! Children welcome and must be accompanied by an attentive adult. Youth participants must be at least age 14 to attend without a parent, and must have a parent or guardian sign our liability form. See below for important information about what to expect, and what to wear and bring to the event. A reminder email will be sent from Hands on Portland to registered participants 1-2 days before the event; please read the reminder email for further and updated instructions.
Meeting location will be included in the reminder email.
REGISTRATION THROUGH HANDS ON PORTLAND REQUIRED.
Questions: For more information contact Susan: email@example.com or 503.823.5937. Day of event text/call Susan: 503.823.5937.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering to keep Portland's natural area parks healthy, beautiful, and safe for people and wildlife!
Here are a few tips to get you ready for your stewardship event.
- Registration is requested for all stewardship events.
- Please volunteer close to home or in your community.
- Stay home if you are experiencing symptoms of any contagious illness or have had recent contact with someone exhibiting symptoms of any illness.
- Face coverings are welcomed, but not required. We do encourage volunteers to wear them inside shared spaces (such as the portable toilet/bathroom). Bring your own face covering, or PP&R will provide face coverings for anyone who doesn’t have their own and wants one.
- Volunteers are encouraged to bring their own gloves, water and snacks. PP&R will provide training for the activity, and tools and gloves for anyone who does not have their own.
- In order to ensure your comfort and safety, please remember to dress for the weather, wear close-toed shoes, bring a water bottle, and be ready to get dirty!
- Unless otherwise noted, all events are family-friendly and all ages are welcome to participate. However, children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult for the duration of the event. We encourage you to attend events with members of your household/family!
- While groups are welcome to join many of our regularly scheduled stewardship events, please contact the event coordinator listed in the description before arriving with a group. This will ensure that there are enough gloves and tools and project tasks for everyone. We are also available to schedule special service events at your group's convenience during the week or on weekends. Learn more about programs for groups