Project details: Join Portland Parks & Recreation and HandsOn Greater Portland to improve the wildlife habitat of Columbia Children's Arboretum. This event is in partnership with HandsOn Greater Portland's Community Impact Week.
Everyone welcome, and no experience necessary! We will be hand pulling invasively growing English Ivy and blackberry. Work will involve bending over and walking on un-even, muddy ground. Children welcome and must be accompanied by an attentive adult. See below for important information about what to expect, and what to wear and bring to the event.
Location: Columbia Children's Arboretum (10040 NE 6th Dr, Portland 97211)
REGISTRATION REQUIRED Click here to register.
Questions: For more information contact Yoko Silk at email@example.com; 503-278-1341.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering to keep Portland's natural area parks healthy, beautiful, and safe for people and wildlife!
Here are a few tips to get you ready for your stewardship event.
- Registration is requested for all stewardship events.
- Stay home if you are experiencing symptoms of any contagious illness, or have tested positive for Covid-19. There will be other opportunities to volunteer!
- Bring a water bottle! Coffee/tea, snacks and water will be provided.
- Instruction, tools and gloves will be provided.
- In order to ensure your comfort and safety, please remember to dress for the weather, wear closed-toe, sturdy shoes; long pants and long-sleeved shirts; and be ready to get dirty!
- Unless otherwise noted, all events are family-friendly and all ages are welcome to participate. However, children under 14 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult for the duration of the event. We encourage you to attend events with members of your household/family!
- While groups are welcome to join many of our regularly scheduled stewardship events, please contact the event coordinator listed in the description before arriving with a group. This will ensure that there are enough gloves and tools and project tasks for everyone. We are also available to schedule special service events at your group's convenience during the week or on weekends. Learn more about programs for groups