Project details: Join Portland Parks & Recreation and Pleasant Valley Neighborhood Association to care for native plants in this little hidden park next to Johnson Creek. Mulching volunteer-planted native plants will help the plants to live through the hot summer months. Check out the Park in its spring glory, and keep your eye out for wildlife as you volunteer alongside other community members—everyone welcome, and no experience necessary! Children welcome and must be accompanied by an attentive adult. See below for important information about what to expect, and what to wear and bring to the event. A reminder email will be sent to registered participants 1-2 days before the event; please read the reminder email for updated and detailed instructions.
Meeting location will be emailed to you once you are registered.
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. Email:email@example.com
Questions: For more information contact Susan: firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.823.5937. Day of event text/call Susan: 503.823.5937.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering to keep Portland's natural area parks healthy, beautiful, and safe for people and wildlife!
Here are a few tips to get you ready for your stewardship event.
- Registration is requested for all stewardship events.
- Please volunteer close to home or in your community.
- Stay home if you are experiencing symptoms of any contagious illness or have had recent contact with someone exhibiting symptoms of any illness.
- Face coverings are welcomed, but not required. We do encourage volunteers to wear them inside shared spaces (such as the portable toilet/bathroom). Bring your own face covering, or PP&R will provide face coverings for anyone who doesn’t have their own and wants one.
- Volunteers are encouraged to bring their own gloves, water and snacks. PP&R will provide training for the activity, and tools and gloves for anyone who does not have their own.
- In order to ensure your comfort and safety, please remember to dress for the weather, wear close-toed shoes, bring a water bottle, and be ready to get dirty!
- Unless otherwise noted, all events are family-friendly and all ages are welcome to participate. However, children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult for the duration of the event. We encourage you to attend events with members of your household/family!
- While groups are welcome to join many of our regularly scheduled stewardship events, please contact the event coordinator listed in the description before arriving with a group. This will ensure that there are enough gloves and tools and project tasks for everyone. We are also available to schedule special service events at your group's convenience during the week or on weekends. Learn more about programs for groups