Please join Portland Parks and Recreation and Friends of Trees and Rosemary Anderson POIC for a planting day at Wilkes Creek Headwaters!
For the safety of our volunteers and staff, we are asking that you please take this health screening the day before or the day of the event. It is an anonymous form and it helps to make sure we are all healthy and staying home if we have any symptoms https://www.portland.gov/health-assessment
If you or anyone in your household has any of the symptoms listed on the OHA form, or if you are otherwise feeling sick, please stay home. We will miss you, but there will be other chances to volunteer!
Registration is required. To register, please fill out the Friends of Trees registration form here.
- Event Details: We will be planting shrubs and wildflowers and small stock trees. Please bring your own face covering and water bottles. Gloves and extra face coverings will be provided to anyone who needs them. Snacks and coffee will be provided. Please note, everyone will be asked to wear face coverings throughout the event and maintain distance between participants.
- When: Saturday, Feb 12th, 2022 from 10am-1pm
- Where: The corner of NE 154th and NE Fremont St. See map here.
- Location description: We will be working on grassy, uneven ground, about a 5 min walk from the road.
- Parking: street parking is available.
- Bathroom: there will be a standard porta potty available.
- Questions: contact Yoko Silk (503) 278 1341; email@example.com
Thank you for helping to keep Portland Parks healthy and beautiful!
Here are a few tips to get you ready for your stewardship event.
Registration is required for all stewardship events.
Complete a health screening (brief online survey) before attending each event: https://www.portland.gov/health-assessment
Please volunteer close to home or in your community.
Stay home if you are experiencing symptoms of any contagious illness or have had recent contact with someone exhibiting symptoms of any illness.
Bring a face covering to be worn properly at the event at all times, and maintain at least 6 feet physical distance from others. PP&R will provide face coverings for anyone who doesn’t have their own.
Volunteers are encouraged to bring their own gloves, water and snacks. PP&R will provide training for the activity, and tools and gloves for anyone who does not have their own.
In order to ensure your comfort and safety, please remember to dress for the weather, wear close-toed shoes, bring a water bottle, and be ready to get dirty!
Unless otherwise noted, all events are family-friendly and all ages are welcome to participate. However, children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult for the duration of the event. We encourage you to attend events with members of your household/family!
While groups are welcome to join many of our regularly scheduled stewardship events, please contact the event coordinator listed in the description before arriving with a group. This will ensure that there are enough gloves and tools for everyone to work, and will also ensure that we are following Covid-19 protocols, which limit event size. We are also available to schedule special service events at your group's convenience during the week or on weekends. Learn more about programs for groups.