Project details: Join Portland Parks & Recreation and Hands on Portland (HOP) to work on Trails on Powell Butte. This regular "2nd Saturday" volunteer event will be part of HOP's Community Impact Week - come join others to make a big difference in our city, all in one day! Maintaining trails keeps them safe for walkers, bikers and horseback riders, as well as wildlife that live in the area. Volunteer alongside other community members—No experience necessary! Youth participants must be at least age 14, and all volunteers aged 14-17 must have a parent or guardian sign our youth waiver forms (see below).
Wear sturdy close-toed shoes, long pants, and long-sleeved shirts. Bring rain gear and/or sun gear, a hat, a filled water bottle, and snacks. Bring gloves if you have a pair and prefer to use your own. Instruction, tools and gloves otherwise provided. You will be walking up to 5 miles away from the meeting location and restrooms, so please be ready to hike. Be sure to arrive on time, or you may miss the group.
Meeting location will be emailed to you once you are registered.
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED: Hands on Portland Community Impact Week - Powell Butte
Questions: For more information contact Susan: firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.823.5937 by 3:00 PM Friday, September 30.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering to keep Portland's natural area parks healthy, beautiful, and safe for people and wildlife!
Here are a few tips to get you ready for your stewardship event.
- Registration is requested for all stewardship events.
- Please volunteer close to home or in your community.
- Stay home if you are experiencing symptoms of any contagious illness or have had recent contact with someone exhibiting symptoms of any illness.
- Face coverings are welcomed, but not required. We do encourage volunteers to wear them inside shared spaces (such as the portable toilet/bathroom). Bring your own face covering, or PP&R will provide face coverings for anyone who doesn’t have their own and wants one.
- Bring a water bottle and snacks. Training, tools and gloves will be provided for anyone who does not have their own.
- In order to ensure your comfort and safety, please remember to dress for the weather, wear close-toed, sturdy shoes; long pants and long-sleeved shirts; and be ready to get dirty!
- Unless otherwise noted, all events are family-friendly and all ages are welcome to participate. However, children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult for the duration of the event. We encourage you to attend events with members of your household/family!
- While groups are welcome to join many of our regularly scheduled stewardship events, please contact the event coordinator listed in the description before arriving with a group. This will ensure that there are enough gloves and tools and project tasks for everyone. We are also available to schedule special service events at your group's convenience during the week or on weekends. Learn more about programs for groups